Sunday, May 10, 2009

Piece o' junk timepiece

I recently purchased a pocket watch. I thought it would be a great way to tell time, because I had noticed that the band on the watch I used to wear every day irritated my wrist and I didn't want to mess around with that anymore.

Oh, and I still refuse to get with the times and get a cell phone.

So I put down 30 bucks for a nifty pocket watch.

HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI


Basically, it's a replica watch from the POPULAR ANIME Fullmetal Alchemist (as previously seen on Adult Swim). It looks great and the reviews indicated that the product functioned excellently as a time-keeping tool. Considering that I've been going without a watch for too long now, I figure 30 bucks dropped on this thing isn't bad, especially since I put down 80 on my last watch (which, in hindsight, was worth it for the added quality... ugh).

Flash-forward a few days and the damn thing can't keep time. It's not stopped or broken or anything, it just goes about a half-hour slow after a day. A pocket watch that can't tell time is no good for me, even though it still looks great. This is ironic, because I very nearly almost purchased a replica Power Rangers communicator watch in the past, despite it not telling time. And you know, if I could have gotten it for 30 bucks, I definitely would have. But I don't havethe same reverence for FMA that I do for Power Rangers, or rather, FMA doesn't hit the nostalgia point for me like Power Rangers does.

But I digress. I'm just bummed that my sweet new watch is a piece of junk. Anyone know any FMA cosplayers that need a watch?

edit: as of the 15th of May, the thing seems to be keeping time correctly. I do not understand, but at least the thing doesn't suck as much balls as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment